For faculty, students, and staff of departments and programs of the Arts Division…
SUBMIT EVENT INFORMATION VIA LINK BELOW*
link >> * EVENT SUBMISSION FORM *
For WINTER QUARTER 2017 events, please submit details no later than December 15 in order to receive event support (promotion, house management, ticketing) from the Arts Events Office.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The Arts Division will provide basic online promotion of events with information submitted at least 10 weeks in advance.
Depending on the complexity and size of your event, you you should consider putting your planning efforts in motion 6 months in advance. You may need to start planning 12-18 months in advance if you will need to secure a venue, confirm artists' schedules, book airline travel, or reserve hotel rooms in Santa Cruz.
NOTE: As of September 2016, AEO no longer provides administrative or production support to symposia, workshops, and other special extra-departmental events.
Items You Should Consider in Your Preliminary Planning
- Do you need to book speakers or performers?
- Will you need to book travel and/or accommodations for artists / performers / presenters?
- Do you need to secure a venue?
- Which account (FOAPAL) will be used?
- Which Arts Division department or unit will guarantee payment of expenses?
- Have you budgeted for all realistic expenses?
- Will you need to hire artistic or administrative support staff?
- Will you be inviting the Chancellor's participation? The dean's?
- Will you need to reserve the services of a caterer or a graphic designer?
- Do you have the funding and the lead time required to achieve the results you want?
- Will an advance promotional / marketing campaign be part of your planning?
- Will tickets be offered (for sale or free distribution)?
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =