Koret Research Scholarship – $1500 Scholarships for Undergraduate Research! Applications Due November 30th. Become a Koret Scholar! Apply now!
The Divisions of Undergraduate Education and Student Success with funding from the Koret Foundation will award 50 Undergraduate Research Scholarships of $1,500 plus expenses for students from any discipline.
- The applicant must be an enrolled UCSC undergraduate student in good academic standing. Applicants will be required to provide access to educational records for verification purposes.
- The applicant must have a UCSC faculty (or, in some cases, graduate student) mentor for the project. Applicants will be required to submit a letter of support from the mentor.
- Project must be completed prior to the student’s graduation.
- Scientific, scholarly, and/or creative merit of the proposed research project.
- Evidence of ability to carry out the proposed research project (as shown by letter of support, transcripts, proposal narrative, and project timeline).
Koret Scholars are expected to work with their mentors in 2- or 5-credit independent studies. Koret Undergraduate Research Scholarships are intended to enable students to participate in a research project outside of their courses in collaboration with faculty and/or graduate students. As such, scholarships will not be awarded for assignments in regular courses but new research projects might be developed out of previous coursework. Projects can be student- or faculty-originated, by means of independent study, over 1 or 2 quarters.
The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors Foundation
The foundation currently has grants available for undergraduate and graduate students for funds to complete their thesis films, television programs, videos and interactive projects. You will find the application link and information explaining the grants HERE, along with the grant application HERE. Students must submit ALL materials by June 1st for a Spring/Summer grant and January 15th for a Winter grant.
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY FOR CONSIDERATION: Applicants must be a US citizen enrolled in a program at an accredited College, University or Conservatory that requires a final project (thesis) in Television, Film, Video or Interactive Media for completion of the program. Students must demonstrate financial need and project production viability. Projects must be no more than 60 minutes in length if a documentary, 25 minutes if a narrative work, or 30 minutes if reality, game show or news show-type format.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) – Summer 2018 Internship Program
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. They represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. CAA summer 2018 internship applications are now available and due by December 1st. The application can be found HERE. Internships are available in the following departments:
Digital Talent and Packaging
Entertainment Marketing: Accounts
Entertainment Marketing: Creative
Film Finance and Sales
Motion Pictures: Literary
Motion Pictures: Marketing
Motion Pictures: Talent