Position: Programming and Production Intern
Type: Part-Time (24 hours per week = 3 days per week)
Compensation: $14 per hr
Term: Summer 2018 (June 25-August 24, 2018)
Location: San Francisco, CA
ITVS interns assist management with administrative tasks, logistical planning, and execution of various departmental projects supporting production of documentary films and digital shorts. Our Internship program is designed to provide college students with hands-on production experience as well as a comprehensive overview of ITVS and producing content for PBS.
- Support logistic aspects of internal producer orientations and funding panels.
- Screen incoming film submissions in consideration for development funding
- Coordinate and book travel for select staff/external partners for travel to/from ITVS events.
- Assist with logistics for events including but not limited to catering and facilities.
- Assist departmental staff with planning and execution of ITVS events.
- Conduct research as needed for projects in development
- Assist in filing and archiving project deliverables in the Digital Asset Management system.
- Other department administration as needed
- Currently enrolled college level student
- Film, TV or Communications major or knowledge of film/TV development
- Ability to develop an understanding of business relations with filmmakers and producers
- Must be able to adapt to creative personalities associated with film production
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with event planning and arranging travel
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- Success in juggling tasks and prioritizing
- Prior experience with project management systems is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Gmail/Google Apps, and Filemaker Pro