HOUSE MANAGER (HM)
HM DUTIES: EVENT MANAGEMENT (approx. 50% of duties)
- The house manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the "front of house" and for the admission of audiences in Arts Division venues and other facilities as assigned. Front of house includes the entry, lobby, and seating areas of the Mainstage, Second Stage, eXperimental Theater, Recital Hall, Digital Arts Research Center, and other venues.
- The house manager supervises the admission, seating, and exiting of audiences. Supervises 1-12 students and/or volunteer ushers at events. Assigns duties to the usher crew.
- Adheres to maximum room capacity limits and maintains open exits for audiences.
- Adheres to fire and safety regulations, and university and divisional policies.
- Coordinates with other event managers and crews including the venue managers and stage crew, TAPS, Ticket Office, Arts Division staff, including the Arts Events Office, and others as assigned.
HM DUTIES: ADMINISTRATION (approx. 50% of duties)
- Completes administrative functions including detailed event reports for each shift, usher evaluations, safety reports, and others as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies in the house manager offices.
- Participates in creating and leading trainings.
HM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Embrace diversity in all its forms and strive for an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment.
- Must have house manager experience, or the equivalent, including the following:
- Mature individual with the ability to give leadership and who works well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Experience making independent decisions, handling details, and working calmly under pressure.
- Must be exceptionally reliable and punctual.
- Must also meet all the qualifications of the Usher position which the House Manager supervises:
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Available to work during the final 3 weeks of each academic quarter.
- Work effectively in a professional setting.
- Dress requirement: neat, professional appearance is required; all Audiences Services crew members are required to wear a white top, black bottoms, and black shoes on the job.
- Ability to check email and online work schedule on a daily basis.
- Ability to learn and operate electronic ticket scanners.
- Additional preferred skills, knowledge, and abilities including the following:
- Paid or volunteer experience at concerts, plays, lectures, movie theater, or events venue is preferred.
- Understanding of music or theater performance and presentation.
- Certification in CPR and first aid is preferred but not required.