The UC Santa Cruz Arts Division provides funds to support student success through the dissemination of Arts research and related professional development through the Arts Dean`s Fund for Excellence, administered through the Dean of the Arts Division.
Funding Parameters & Criteria
- Students applying for the grant will be currently enrolled, declared majors in good standing. The activity or project must take place prior to graduation.
- This fund is used to cover expenses related to the dissemination of Arts Research, including conference and travel. PLEASE NOTE: This fund is not for conducting research, supplies, or equipment.
- Students may receive funding for one application per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
- Only applications for future travel/conferences will be considered.
- A final report is required at the conclusion of the activity (within 30 days). In the report, please document how the funds from the Arts Dean’s Fund for Excellence supported your work.
Submission and Review Schedule (submissions are due the last business day of the month with review/decisions administered within two weeks).
- Application Deadline: Thursday, February 28th
- Review/Decision by: Thursday, March 14th
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 29th
- Review/Decision by: Friday, April 12th
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 30th
- Review/Decision by: Tuesday, May 14th
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 31st
- Review/Decision by: Friday, June 14th
Please complete this application. Feel free to indicate when something is not applicable, and provide information as appropriate for your project. The estimated review and approval time of a completed application may take up to six weeks.
To be considered, all applications must have departmental support and be approved by a department chair.
All funded applications will be reviewed by the Director of Student Opportunity, Success, and Equity in consultation with the Dean of the Arts. If funded, a final written report should be submitted within one month of activity.
Please complete the application form and submit with all attachments. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Unofficial Transcript (required)
- Budget Proposal (required)
- Letter of Support from the Department Chair and/or faculty adviser (required)
- Other Co-Funding Sources (optional)
For further assistance, please contact Alison Trybom Lucas at email@example.com.