This screening series assembles recent works by Indigenous filmmakers that examine a range of speculative, dystopian, and hopeful futures. Featured artists include T. J. Cuthand, Joseph Erb, Danis Goulet, Lisa Jackson, and Elizabeth LaPenseé.
Curated by John Jota Leaños, Professor of Film & Digital Media at UC Santa Cruz, the series will be continuously looped and available for viewing in the IAS galleries’ dedicated screening room during regular opening hours.
Films in the series include: Wakening (dir. Danis Goulet, 2013), The Visit (dir. Lisa Jackson, 2009), Reclamation (dir. TJ Cuthand, 2018) The Path Without End (dir. Elizabeth LaPenseé, 2011), and Uktena and Thunder (dir. Joseph Erb, 2017)
- Attend in person
- Free and open to the public
- Gallery hours: Tuesday—Sunday, 12:00–5:00 p.m.
- Please read and follow COVID-19 protocols as outlined here on the IAS website.
- Mature Themes or content
- Free parking is available at the Institute of Arts and Sciences Galleries.
- Accessible parking on High Rd.