Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 12:00pm to Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 5:00pm
Mary Porter Sesnon Art Gallery at UC Santa Cruz
Film and Digital Media
Mary Porter Sesnon Art Gallery
Exemplary films from the Social Documentation M.F.A. cohorts (2021 and 2022) rotate in an exhibition called Frames Per Second. The films document communities, cultures, issues, and individuals who are marginalized in the current landscape of representation, and reveal how the documentarians are working for social transformation. Find more information about the filmmakers here on the Sesnon Gallery website.
- Attend in person
- Free and open to the public
- Please read and follow COVID-19 protocols as outlined here on the Arts website
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Frames Per Second
Sept 20, 2022–Jan 28, 2023
Screening rotation schedule for the exhibition
Hours of operation for the Sesnon Art Gallery
Nov 9, 2022
SocDoc screening at the Del Mar Theatre in downtown Santa Cruz
- The closest parking lots to the Gallery are #124 and #125 at Porter College.
- Purchase a campus permit or use ParkMobile.
- Visitors with DMV placards or plates may park for free in DMV spaces, Medical spaces, or ParkMobile spaces without additional payment, or in time zones for longer than the posted time.
- See Transportation & Parking Services (TAPS) for visitor parking information, ParkMobile instructions, and a campus parking map.
Image credit: Still from Futility Season, courtesy of Hoda Sobhani.