(Scroll down for information about parking lots and accessibility)
NOTICE: As of November 1, 2021, permit paystations at UCSC are being phased out. Payment for visitor permits will be transitioning to ParkMobile. More information here.
• A valid parking permit is required to park at UC Santa Cruz.
• Vehicles must display a valid permit to park on campus during posted enforcement hours.
• Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Event parking permits may be purchased via the ParkMobile app, from a paystation (if available), from an attendant (if on site), or at the Main Entrance kiosk. Permit purchase options here.
• Temporary 1-day permits are available for purchase at the Main Entrance Kiosk and at the Parking Sales Office up the road from the Main Entrance.
• Paystations operate in some lots (including Arts parking lot #126) during specific hours and on specific days.
More About ParkMobile
• Payment is accepted via Park Mobile app.
• Users can download the app to pay online or call the toll-free phone number to pay with a bank card via phone.
• Many campus lots feature a limited number of ParkMobile "metered" spaces for use during the business day.
More information about ParkMobile here.
Theater Arts and Baskin Visual Arts: available along Kerr Road near the traffic circle between Baskin Arts and the Theater.
Recital Hall and the Digital Arts Research Center: available in the Arts parking lot.
Visitors with DMV placards or plates may park for free in DMV spaces, marked "Medical" spaces, metered spaces or stalls without additional payment, or in time zones (e.g., 10-, 15-, or 20-minute spaces) for longer than the posted time.
DMV placards are not valid in spaces reserved for departments, individuals, contractors, carpools, vanpools, or in lots solely designated for “C” permit holders.
Arts Area parking lot (located on Meyer Drive)
Lot #126 serves these UCSC facilities:
Theater Arts Center, Music Center, Digital Arts Research Center (DARC), and Baskin Visual Arts Center
Plan for a 20-30 minute drive from downtown Santa Cruz via High Street or Bay Street.
Find Street View of Arts lot #126 and nearby facilities here.
Information about Arts Lot 126
Core West Parking Structure (located on McLaughlin Drive)
The Communications Building, home to the Film and Digital Media Department's Studio C, is adjacent to the Engineering Building.
The parking structure is 1-2 "blocks" away.
Evening & Weekend parking at Core West
Porter College (located on Porter-Kresge Rd.)
Parking lots 124 & 125 are adjacent to the Porter College administrative building and serve the Mary Porter Sesnon Art Gallery. (Additional parking in the Arts parking lot on Meyer Drive).