(Scroll down for information about parking lots and accessibility)
• A valid parking permit is required to park at UC Santa Cruz.
• Event parking permits may be purchased from attendants at select events.
• Self-service pay stations operate in some lots during specific hours and days, including lot 126 which serves the performing, digital, and visual arts facilities.
• Some lots feature a limited number of parking "stalls" for use during the business day. Purchase a permit at the self-service paystation in the lot.
• Parking meters, where available, operate using a mobile-app pay option. Meters do not accept coins.
• Parking is first-come, first-served.
Details at the UCSC parking website.
On evenings and weekends, permits are available for purchase from the paystation in the lot or from an attendant, if present.
For weekday parking, visitors may park at a numbered space ("stall") and pay for the space at the paystation in the parking lot -OR- purchase an "A" or "Night" permit from an attendant at the entrance gatehouse or the Parking Sales Office up the road from the Main Entrance. (Gatehouse and Sales Office hours vary.)
Theater Arts and Baskin Visual Arts: available along Kerr Road near the traffic circle between Baskin Arts and the Theater.
Recital Hall and the Digital Arts Research Center: available in the Arts parking lot.
Visitors with DMV placards or plates may park for free in DMV spaces, marked "Medical" spaces, metered spaces or stalls without additional payment, or in time zones (e.g., 10-, 15-, or 20-minute spaces) for longer than the posted time.
DMV placards are not valid in spaces reserved for departments, individuals, contractors, carpools, vanpools, or in lots solely designated for “C” permit holders.
Arts Area parking lot (located on Meyer Drive)
Lot #126 serves these UCSC facilities:
Theater Arts Center, Music Center, Digital Arts Research Center (DARC), and Baskin Visual Arts Center
Plan for a 20-30 minute drive from downtown Santa Cruz via High Street or Bay Street.
Find Street View of Arts lot #126 and nearby facilities here.
Information about Arts Lot 126
Core West Parking Structure (located on McLaughlin Drive)
The Communications Building, home to the Film and Digital Media Department's Studio C, is adjacent to the Engineering Building.
The parking structure is 1-2 "blocks" away.
Evening & Weekend parking at Core West
Porter College (located on Porter-Kresge Rd.)
Parking lots 124 & 125 are adjacent to the Porter College administrative building and serve the Mary Porter Sesnon Art Gallery. (Additional parking in the Arts parking lot on Meyer Drive).