"Gently Unbind" is the Masters of Fine Art thesis exhibition of the inaugural Environmental Art + Social Practice (EASP) cohort of 2023, featuring the following artists: Dav Bell, Annika Berry, Pete Brook, L Gilbert, Lowen Hatano, Ant Lorenzo, Isola Tong, and Natalie Zajac.
The unique two-year, residential M.F.A. program seeks prospective applicants who want to develop their artwork in relation to social and environmental justice questions, contexts and communities. Headed by internationally-recognized artists and including affiliate faculty from across campus, the program integrates the resources of a great public university with the Art Department’s mission of educating and training students in cross-disciplinary, multimedia art practices.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Exhibition: Tues, June 6–Sat, June 17, 2023
- Reception: Thurs, June 8, 2023, 4:00–6:00 p.m. with an after party to follow at the Greenhouse Project (located at UC Santa Cruz Farm)
- Free and open to the public
- Gallery hours: Tues–Sat, noon–5:00 p.m.
- Please read and follow COVID-19 protocols as outlined here on the Arts website
- The closest parking lots to the Gallery are #124 and #125 at Porter College.
- Purchase a campus permit or use ParkMobile.
- Visitors with DMV placards or plates may park for free in DMV spaces, Medical spaces, or ParkMobile spaces without additional payment, or in time zones for longer than the posted time.
- See Transportation & Parking Services (TAPS) for visitor parking information, ParkMobile instructions, and a campus parking map.