UCSC Funding Resources
- Arts Research Office Lists
- UCSC IHR - Institute for Humanities Research Funding Snapshot (Faculty and Grads)
- Graduate Division and Minority Fellowships (Grads)
- Film & Digital Media Dept List of External Funding for Grad Students (Grads)
- Arts Dean's Fund for Excellence
National Grant Databases / Search Tools
- ** Grant Forward ** sign up for an account to customize your search **
- Foundation Center Philanthropy News Digest
- Grants from Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) (grants, fellowships, job listings)
- UCLA GRAPES (grads only)
- Creative Capital Artist Residencies List (artist residencies)
Proposal Writing Guidance
- What You Need to Know to Get [Your Project] Funded by the NEH (written about the film grant, but applicable to all NEH grants)
- Writing Proposals for ACLS Fellowship Competitions
- Getting that First Grant (for Graduate Students)
UCSC Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
Does your grant require that you submit through a nonprofit or a fiscal sponsor? If so, faculty will work with both the Arts Research Office and OSP.
- Guidelines: Notify the Arts Research Office (email@example.com) and OSP (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) of your intention to apply at least 20 working days in advance of the deadline. See details.
- Upon instruction of OSP, register with the grant management system Cayuse.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your application.
Arts Division Sample Applications
UCSC Arts faculty may review the Division's recent successful applications: ACLS, California Documentary Project, NEH, NSF, Guggenheim, and more! Contact email@example.com for access.