For Faculty and Student Directors or Producers in the UCSC Division of the Arts
Note: for Music Department and Theater Arts Department, your department's event production supervisor may already have filled this out.
REQUESTING EVENT SERVICES
To request any of the services of the AEO, kindly fill out and submit the online request form. Please open link below.
* * * AEO Service Request Form * * *
Please request services at least 10 weeks before your your event—during the quarter before your event. This is especially crucial for ticketing.
House Management, Customer Service
The Arts Events Office manages a crew of student ushers and house managers who are trained to manage performances and public presentations of the departments and programs of the Arts Division.
The Arts Division house management crew will:
- Provide crowd management
- Provide assistance to audience members
- Manage audience admission to the venue
- Serve patrons with disabilities
- Observe and enforce campus and state safety regulations
- Coordinate opening and closing/securing the venue with the event stage manager or production manager
- Admit late arrivals in such a way as to limit disruption to presenters, performers, and other audience members.
- Coordinate with ticketing staff and parking services as needed
Ticketing Services to Arts Division on ucsctickets.com
- The Arts Division offers ticketing for performances and events within the Arts Division.
- AEO will set up an online advance purchase portal for you and your guests.
- AEO staff will schedule a ticketing manager and sales crew to provide service at the event.
- Per-event and per-ticket charges apply (from UCSC CHES/Conference Services and from the Arts Division).
- Producers may request online access to attendance and sales reports for their events. Please contact Arts Ticketing/Arts Events.
- To purchase tickets or view online reports, please create a UCSC user account at ucsctickets.com.
Program booklet or playbill
- The Arts Events Office (AEO) can provide layout services for simple program booklets for the following: 1.) Music Department concerts by faculty and guest artists, and 2.) for departmental productions from Theater Arts. Other requests will be considered or possibly referred to the Arts Division graphic designer.
- Your edited and approved content is due at least 6 weeks before your event. (Simple 1-sheet programs can be submitted 4 weeks before your event. Complex or lengthy programs will require longer lead time.) Please make sure your team has edited and vetted the content *before* you submit it for layout.
- The process requires time for page layout, circulation of a 1st draft, proofing and corrections, circulation of a 2nd/final draft, printing and delivery. (Programs will be delivered to you 1 day before the event.) Multi-page printing jobs are printed off campus. Simple programs can typically be produced and delivered with a 4-week turn-around.
Posters or Flyers
- The AEO may be available to design a standard poster or flyer for your FACULTY project or performance.
- The Arts Division may also be able to offer the services of a contract graphic designer.
- Please email us to discuss options.
Design and Layout
- Before you submit your content for layout, your team will need to allow yourselves plenty of time to compile, edit, vet, review, and approve poster content in advance.
- All requested materials must be submitted by agreed-upon deadlines in order for the design and layout work to go forward. Timing is crucial; there is little "wiggle room."
Distribution and postering
- Once the printed posters are delivered, we can contract the services of a professional poster distribution company on your behalf.
- They distribute in the community and on campus 3-4 weeks in advance of the event.
Who Pays for These Services?
What you pay for:
All products or services that AEO orders at your request, including:
- printed materials, including program
- poster distribution / posting
- house management crew
- ticketing crew
- barn sign painting
Arts Division Events Office staff time is provided gratis by the Arts Division to divisional producers.
TAPS provides event services at no cost to your production.
Baseline marketing services from the Arts Division are provided at no cost.