For Faculty and Student Directors or Producers in the UCSC Division of the Arts
Important: To request any of the services indicated below, kindly fill out and submit the online Arts Event Submission Form.
Baseline Promotion for all Arts Division Events
After you submit your event, the Arts Events Office will create a listing on the Arts Division website. That listing will be duplicated on the UCSC Events website where it will reach a larger audience *and* be considered for additional promotion by UCSC. Your event will also be considered for inclusion in the regular Arts Division e-newsletter and for promotion on social media.
Parking Services Notification
Once we receive your Event Submission Form, we will notify UCSC Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) so they can determine if parking attendants and permit sales will be provided.
Audience Management, Customer Service
The staff of the Arts Events Office manages a crew of student ushers and house managers who are trained to manage performances and public presentations of the departments and programs of the Arts Division.
The Arts Division house management crew will:
- Provide crowd management
- Provide assistance to audience members
- Manage audience admission to the venue
- Serve patrons with disabilities
- Observe and enforce campus and state safety regulations
- Coordinate opening and closing/securing the venue with the event stage manager or production manager
- Admit late arrivals in such a way as to limit disruption to presenters, performers, and other audience members.
- Coordinate with ticketing staff and parking services as needed
Ticketing Services to Arts Division on ucsctickets.com
- The Arts Division offers ticketing for performances and events within the Arts Division. To request ticketing services for your Arts Division event, please fill out the Event Submission form at least 10 weeks in advance of your event.
- We will set up an online advance purchase portal.
- AEO staff will schedule a ticketing manager and sales crew to provide service at the event.
- Per-event and per-ticket charges apply.
- Producers may request online access to attendance and sales reports for their events. Please contact Arts Ticketing/Arts Events.
- To purchase tickets or view online reports, please create a UCSC user account at ucsctickets.com.
Program booklet or playbill
The Arts Events Office (AEO) provides layout services for simple program booklets for the following: 1.) Music Department concerts by faculty and guest artists, and 2.) for departmental productions from Theater Arts. Other requests will be considered or possibly referred to the Arts Division graphic designer.
Your edited and approved content is due at least 6 weeks before your event. More complex or lengthy programs will require longer lead time. Please make sure all parties have edited and vetted the content *before* you submit it for layout.
The process requires adequate time for page layout, circulation of a 1st draft and a final draft, proofing and corrections, and for printing and delivery. Multi-page printing jobs are printed off campus. Simple programs can often be produced and delivered with a 4-week turn-around.
Important: To access any of the services indicated, kindly fill out and submit the online Event Submission Form (see top of page).
Posters or Flyers
The AEO can lay out a standard poster or flyer for your faculty project or performance. Flyers may be printed or electronic.
Please fill out the Event Submission Form (see top of page).
Design and Layout
Important: Before you submit your content for layout, your team will need to allow yourselves plenty of time to compile, edit, vet, review, and approve poster content in advance. All requested materials must be submitted by agreed-upon deadlines for the design and layout work to go forward.
Distribution and postering
Once the printed posters are delivered, we contract the services of a professional poster distribution company who posts them in the community and on campus 3-4 weeks in advance of the event.
Who Pays for These Services?
Arts Division Events Office staff is provided gratis by the division to divisional producers.
TAPS provides their services at no cost to your production.
What you pay for
The Arts Events Office will pass along expenses for all products or services that we order at your request, including:
- printed materials
- poster distribution / posting
- house management crew
- ticketing crew
- barn sign painting